A New Workshop for Kids
Who Want to Do Hard Things!
Saturday, December 14, 2013
9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PST)
I am developing a new workshop called Young Masters of Time & Space.
New Life Church, River Falls Campus,
West Linn, Oregon
You can find out more HERE at the Noble Institute Site.
This new workshop is designed especially for teens and their parents, but anyone who wants to do hard things for the glory of God and the good of others will want to attend.
Here are just a few of the topics I will address:
• How to make the most of your "free time" without losing your ability to enjoy time with family and friends.
• How to decide what you want to do with your life (e.g. college, career choice, military service, marriage,etc.) while still being appropriately flexible and open to whatever doors God may open to you in your future
• How to organize your room or your desk area as a workspace and a simple filing system for making the most of your time and space
• How to set clear and passionate goals that stir the emotions enough to overwhelm your normal fear of failure
• How to tap into God's design of your mind to delight in making ingenious plans that help to make good things happen in your future
• How to overcome procrastination and disorganization with the overwhelming force of a dedicated life.
• How to live each day with no regrets in eternity and far fewer casualties in your family
• How to shake that terrible nagging feeling that no matter what you are doing at the moment, you ought to be doing something else.
Now, I realize that some parents think these kinds of issues are above the heads of Junior High and High School kids. Not so! When presented with stories, with humor and with clear analogies, kids 12 and up get excited. High school and especially college bound young people really get into the ideas. They can see how it all works.
A major aspect of raising kids to do hard things is raising OUR expectations concerning what our young people will take an interest in.
Parents and grandparents also find the insights very helpful, at home and on the job. That's why I offer my Family Rate. It keeps costs down for the whole household.
Before I sign off, let me ask you this. Who do you know that needs this kind of training?
Who in your circle of friends, family and church could have their life turned around by the topics listed above?
Why not get them on the phone, or send them an email, urging them to either attend the workshop with you in the Portland Area (drive or fly in together). Or, if that's not possible, why not host the workshop for the youth groups and high school students in your community?
You will be so glad you did.
Thanks for doing what you can to make this new event life-changing for as many people as possible.